You wait, and you wait, and you wait…. and then suddenly it’s almost time!
Holding the Fort is just around the corner. It comes out DEC. 6th!!
And because anticipation is half of the fun, here’s a review from Publisher’s Weekly that I got just today!
Jennings introduces readers to an abundant cast in this first installment of The Fort Reno Series set in 1880s Oklahoma. Louisa “Lovely Lola” Bell is the featured singer at the Cat Eye Saloon until the owner replaces her with another performer. Out of a job and with no prospects in sight, Lola heads towards Fort Reno, an outpost in Indian territory where her brother is stationed. On the way there, Lola meets Mrs. Townsend, a Mennonite governess dispatched to the fort to educate Major Daniel Adams’s daughters. When Mrs. Townsend falls ill and can’t continue the trip, Louisa offers to deliver the girls’ textbooks. Arriving at the fort, Louisa is mistaken for the governess and falls into playing the part. Daniel and Louisa’s relationship deepens despite secrets, deceptions, and an Indian uprising. In this character-driven series launch, Jennings offers a powerful lesson on the freedom of truth and forgiveness wrapped in a delightful story of love against the odds.
Wasn’t that nice of them?
So, you know you want the book, but you’re afraid you might forget when the time comes? Well, here are some options to help you remember:
- Write a reminder on your arm in Sharpie. Trace it once a week when it starts to fade.
- Tell your child that you’ll take them to McDonald’s the day after Holding the Fort arrives (Dec. 6th). Then they will constantly ask you if you’ve got it yet.
- Visit your local Christian Book Store and pre-order Holding the Fort. Tell them that you are a personal friend of the author. (Because, we probably are great friends, and if we haven’t met yet, we probably would be great friends!)
- Go online and pre-order Holding the Fort at Amazon, B&N, iBooks, ChristianBook, or another trustworthy business. Post on Facebook telling everyone what you just did.
- Tell your local library that you MUST READ THIS BOOK and have them order a copy for you!
- Join my newsletter list. Then you’ll get reminders when the time comes! (December 6th)
- Make a vow that you won’t wash your hair until you’ve read Holding the Fort. Your co-workers will all celebrate the release date (Dec. 6th) with you.
I know, I know. I go above and beyond trying to be helpful, but that’s just my heart for you, dear friends.
If you can’t tell, I’m a little excited about getting to write a series set in my home state. If you share my excitement, leave a comment letting me know what you’re doing to help you remember Dec. 6th, the day we can all be Holding the Fort together!! And as an added bonus, at least one commenter will get to be a part of my influencer team, which means a free copy of the book! (Must comment before Oct. 20th.)
Counting the days!!